The PR team operates from the London office. We work on PR specific briefs as well as integrated marketing campaigns being delivered by the Gravity team so you will be collaborating with colleagues across the UK, in Europe and the US. This is a tremendous opportunity to gain experience of everything from brand strategy, creative, lead generation, performance marketing, SEO, media strategy, digital development.
We are working with clients around the world – some of which have been clients for 20 years. We operate as an extension of their marketing teams and in some cases, Gravity is their marketing team. The PR team prides itself on fosters strong partnerships with clients who in turn value our support whether they are a market leader or challenger brand.
You will also be exposed to a hugely diverse set of industries and people – from the ESG and Sustainability space to Genetic Research, and from Hospitality, Healthcare, Automotive and Aerospace through to Fintech, SaaS, and Manufacturing – and so much more. You will work across multiple accounts and never be pigeon-holed into one area! Indeed, you’ll learn about industries, services, products and technologies you never knew existed.
About this role:
This role would most likely suit someone with PR agency or in-house experience looking to break out, or even a journalist looking to jump ship. You may already be an Account Manager, or you may be looking to take the step up to Account Manager. But you will have an understanding of PR strategy and have solid media relations skills and be comfortable using them to secure media coverage in trade media as well as national and regional press. And you will have a willingness to share these skills with junior members of the team who are eager to learn.
Being able to manage deliverables is key – so too is reporting to the client and the rest of the team to make sure that all work stays on track. You may also already have experience of content strategies, digital PR or creating social media content.
Experience or skills you’ll have:
- PR agency or in-house PR experience: B2B experience is helpful, but so too is consumer.
- Good writing skills: being able to write high quality copy whether that is long-form copy, articles, press release, media pitches, case studies, award entries, web copy, blogs and social content.
- Proven experience of media relations, planning and execution
- Taking ownership of deliverables: attention to detail is important, so too is delivering work on time and to the highest standard
- Being comfortable with managing and supporting account executives – you will be working together to deliver projects, so you’ll be delegating tasks but also sharing your knowledge and experience to support their development and growth
- Flexibility, adaptability and resilience. You’ll be working across multiple projects/clients which means prioritizing and working to tight deadlines, and dealing with last minute request or media opportunities to take advantage of.
- Good communications skills; comfortable presenting, confident at articulating opinions or negotiating, and good at listening to your clients and your colleagues.
- Strategic and pro-active thinker who is commercially-savvy
- A team player who enjoys working collaboratively to deliver great work
- You’ll be confident but personable and enjoy nurturing client relationships
- Comfortable dealing with suppliers/partners including the media to develop paid PR/content partnerships, research companies to develop surveys, PR software providers etc
- Responsibility for smooth running of a number of key client accounts, including account growth and idea generation
- Building long-standing and trusting relationships with our clients and key stakeholders
- Working effectively with our integrated teams and wider agency network to ensure work is delivered to agreed timescales and in line with Client briefs
- Commercial accountability for, and development of, existing Client business
- Day to day management and development of colleagues within the team
- Demonstrating creative initiative to guide and champion great ideas
- Accurate and timely financial and job management
What we can offer:
- Competitive salary + benefits
- Global career development opportunities
- Hybrid working (2 days per week in the office, 3 days at home)
- Opportunities to get involved with working groups such as Diversity & inclusion, Wellbeing, and ESG / Sustainability
- To work with the best and most exciting clients
- To work on global accounts in the most challenging sectors
- To work with the best brains and creative talent in the industry
- To work on innovative and ground-breaking marketing solutions
- To learn and develop with individual training budgets and development plans